Ways you can take care of your indoor plants
- By Yuccabe Italia
- • Jan 08, 2019
Plants, both indoors and outdoors, are a lovely addition to any décor. It is not that difficult to take care of them and they will thrive with proper care and maintenance.
Light, water, soil, and room temperature play an essential role in the growth of a plan. It is very important to manage all of these elements for the healthy growth of the plants. If you are not sure of how to take care of your plants, the following tips will help you with your homework.
Tips for taking care of indoor plants.
- Light- as mentioned earlier, light plays a vital role in the proper growth of the plant. The plant should never be put in direct sunlight especially during the sunniest hour of the day. Similarly, getting a scanty amount of sunlight would be detrimental to its health. There are variegated plants (having leaves with white edges) that often need for sunlight than the green This basic sunshine guideline will be helpful in this case.
- Plants needing a maximum amount of sunlight should be put in a place which gets about 4-6 hours of direct light per day.
- Plants needing a medium amount of sunlight should be placed somewhere getting 2-3 hours of direct sunlight.
- Plants which need shade should be put in a place that gets 1 hour of direct sunshine.
- Water-water your plants regularly. For indoor plants wait until the soil is dry before watering, this way water builds up at the bottom of the pot can be avoided. Never over water the plant.
- Temperature and soil- the ideal temperature for the growth of a healthy plant is around 20-22 degrees. Plants grow faster with 80-90% humidity. To achieve this you can place a ball of wet clay at the bottom of the pot. There should be an ample amount of organic matters present in the soil. You need to be careful while choosing the soil. Peat free compost is suitable for your indoor plants.
- Cleaning the plants- be sure not to spill tea or coffee into plant containers. This way sugar is left to compost and will make the pot an ideal breeding ground for annoying little flies. To clean the accumulated dust off the plant surface use a wet cloth and gently wipe the leaves of the plant. The plant should be pruned regularly to stop them from becoming leggy. Once they lose the foliage, it is very difficult to get it to return.
Plants reduce stress. Indoor plants also bring a certain environment of serenity and peacefulness. It keeps your house dust free and airy. You can use trough or indoor planters as a natural screen. They reduce noise and can be used as barriers to separate walkways. You can still have plants without it consuming a big chunk of space in the room. Some of the latest designs use tall and sleek containers whilst taking up as little space as possible.