What are the benefits of railing planters?
- By Yuccabe Italia
- • Jan 14, 2019
Railing planters are unique gardening aids that hang from the railing allowing you to plant as many plants you would wish to, without taking up any space. Railing planters are the perfect choice when your gardening area is small and compact. It will increase your gardening area along the length or corners in balconies. Railing planters come particularly handy when you are living in an apartment and don’t have enough space for gardening.
Railing planters and its benefits:
- Railing planters are colorful and are available in various shapes and sizes. You can find them for all kinds of plants, small ones, hanging ones. Though it’s a bit difficult to grow vegetables in the planters, they are ideal for flowering plants. The plants can be hanged from the deck with the brackets.
- You can plant a small plant in these planters and hang them from deck railings. It is advisable to plant heavy plants in a sturdy one and keep them on the floor instead of hanging.
- You can enjoy the view from your balcony without sacrificing your privacy at the same time. You can just adjust their position as you like.
- Railing planters are pretty easy to maintain and save you from the hassle of a big garden. A big garden requires constant care and nurturing. Unlike it, railing planters are easy to transport. This is helpful for the plant as well as they can be placed in ideal light conditions as needed. Also, you can change the look of your porch or balcony just by repositioning them.
- Unlike in a big garden, you do not have to bend and water the plants. It makes watering and caring for, an easy task. They come with a hole at the bottom to foster better aeration to the roots. It protects your plant from rotting.
- Railing planters become very useful when you are living in an apartment with not enough space for gardening. In many places, the apartment doesn’t even come with a proper balcony. But that can’t stop you from gardening. You can simply hang them from your windows. This will bring a little piece of nature right inside your room.
You can choose railing planters from myriad materials and colors. Although people prefer the rectangular shape the most. They are also available in unusual and unique shapes and sizes, ideal for your artistic mind. They are usually made of plastic and wood. The plastic containers come with a better range of options, with the most variety in colors and shapes. But wooden ones are equally fine and lovely and with a bonus point for being environment-friendly. They are durable and will accentuate the beauty of your porch or balcony. If you crafty and artistic you can DIY your own railing planter. You can build a 3bin railing planter using outdoor quality plywood and can paint them as you like.
Railing planters are a great way of organizing and beautifying your outdoor space. It gives you, your own private space and saves you from the hassle of outdoor gardening and the cluttering of heavy flower pots.